So, the new gym system went live … yes, that happened! So Darryn, Lonnie and I went out and about to join in the foray! The following are all the screen captures between yesterday and today… Continue reading “Upgraded Gyms!”
I started the Pokemon Go app today on my Android device and was surprised by the new splash screen.
I wanted to get to level 20 before June 8. It has been less than a month since I started playing Pokemon go. It is getting harder to catch the easy stuff and the next level requires 75,000 experience points. Here is what I have learned thus far in the game.
- I am hatching eggs on a regular basis. I have had good luck getting quality Pokemon in my arsenal.
- I am preparing for Pidgey Stacking event. right now I have 375 Pidgey candy and about 120 Pidgeys,
- I increased my Pokemon storage to 350 and I may upgrade soon to 400. I am keeping Pidgeys, I transfer any Pokemon that get appraised that get the “Room for improvement as far as battling goes” to the professor.
- I use the Pokemon IV Calculator site to make decisions on which Pokemon I will keep and evolve.
- I have been learning how to throw curve balls.
- I never miss a day going to a stop or catching a Pokemon. The seven day in a row reward is great.
All in all, I am still excited about the game. I am playing with co-workers and I am having fun.
Today the Pokemon Go crew, Dorea, Darryn and myself took both gyms on campus to level 10. Yellow team has had possession of these gyms for a few days now. When I first started playing the game the Blue Team always took over the gyms right after we took them over. for the past few days, there has not been a challenge from Team Blue so we powered them up to level 10.
I am currently in the middle of Level 19.
Today I learned more about how to evaluate your Pokemon. I started using a Pokemon Go IV Calculator. I am currently at Level 18 and I have evolved three Pokemon. I am at a point in the game where I want to start understanding which Pokemon in my possession I should evolve and which ones I should transfer to the professor. My friend Darryn is helping me with understanding the deeper analysis of Pokemon.
I am new to Pokemon go. I started playing on May 8th, 2017. It is May 18th, 2017 and I am at level 16. I have not had recent computer gaming experiences. The last phone game that I played briefly was Words for Friends. Continue reading “My First 10 Days Playing Pokemon Go”